MediaTek promises to bring maximum processing power to mid-range device with the fresh new release Dimensity 7200
The Dimensity 7200, the newest mid-range chipset from MediaTek, was just released. This comes months after their more expensive Dimensity 8200 and 9200 chipsets and weeks after they unveiled the Helio G36 as their most recent entry-level processor.
The same second-generation TSMC 4nm process that powers the Dimensity 9200 also powers the Dimensity 7200. Two Arm Cortex-A715 cores with a maximum clock speed of 2.8GHz and six Cortex-A510 cores are included in its octa-core CPU. In order to perform AI tasks and AI fusion processing as efficiently as possible, they also created their own AI processing unit.
The Dimensity 7200 has HyperEngine 5.0 gaming technology, which offers AI-based Variable Rate Shading and CPU and GPU optimization. They also included an Arm Mali G610 GPU for fast response times and high frame rates for fluid gameplay.
In terms of photography, it supports 200MP main cameras, is capable of recording 4K HDR video, and can also record content from two cameras at FHD resolution. Additionally, the chip has AI camera improvements and motion-compensated noise reduction built in.
It supports dual 5G SIM connections and a downlink speed of up to 4.7 Gbps. Additionally, it supports Bluetooth 5.3 and Wi-Fi 6E.
The Dimensity 7200 also has the following features:
- Memory frequency of up to 6400 MHz and UFS 3.1 for maximum storage.
- The latest standards, including HDR10+, CUVA HDR, and Dolby HDR, are supported by MediaTek MiraVision Display with HDR.
- For stunning displays, up to Full HD+ and 144Hz.
- Playback of AI SDR-to-HDR video for improved multimedia experiences.
- Support for wireless earbuds via Dual-Link True Wireless Stereo Audio and Bluetooth LE Audio technology.
- According to Mediatek, smartphones using the Dimensity 7200 will be out by the first quarter of 2023.
But as of right now, no smartphone manufacturers have revealed new models that will use the Dimensity 7200.