Smartphone technology is fascinating isn’t it? Every year is always an exciting year for new smartphone features and improvements. Here are the top 10 must have smartphone features for 2023:
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is used in smartphones to enhance various features and improve the overall user experience. Some examples of AI applications in smartphones include:
- Face recognition for unlocking a device with your wonderful face.
- Voice assistants like Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa.
- Image recognition and search for photos if you want to be a detective.
- Predictive text and keyboard suggestions which can be annoying sometimes(yeah we feel you).
- Object detection and tracking in camera apps.
- AI-powered battery management and resource allocation which is also quite annoying in some user interfaces, forcing apps to end their processes.
- Augmented reality apps that use AI for object recognition and placement.
We can all agree that AI helps smartphones to be more intuitive, efficient, personalized, and annoying if applied incorrectly.
2. 5G connectivity
5G is the fifth generation of wireless mobile networks that provides faster speeds, lower latency, and greater capacity than previous generations (4G/LTE). Here are some key points about 5G connectivity in smartphones:
- Faster download and upload speeds: 5G can provide faster speeds compared to its previous counterpart, obviously.
- Lower latency: 5G has faster response times and improved overall performance.
- Increased capacity: 5G can support many more connected devices simultaneously.
- Improved network coverage: 5G networks are designed to provide better coverage in densely populated areas and indoors, compared to 4G.
- Enhanced mobile gaming and video streaming: With faster speeds and lower latency, using 5G will prevent anger outbursts during your ranked games.
Availability: 5G networks are currently being rolled out globally, but availability and coverage may vary depending on location and service providers. 5G Smartphones will be more prevalent this year.
3. Foldable or flexible displays
Foldable or flexible displays in smartphones refer to screens that can bend or fold without breaking(duh). It has plenty of benefits such as:
- Innovative form factor, and it looks cool.
- Improved multitasking which also looks cool with a flexible display.
- Durability: Foldable displays are designed to be flexible and durable, making them resistant to cracks and breaks compared to traditional rigid displays.
- Higher cost: Foldable/flexible displays are more expensive because of the materials used. It is not just plastic.
Foldable or flexible displays offer a new and innovative way of using smartphones, but they are still in the early stages of adoption and may not be suitable for everyone’s needs or budget.
4. High-resolution camera system with multiple lenses
Smartphones should have high-resolution camera systems with several lenses that enable users to use a variety of shooting techniques to produce high-quality photos and videos. Some obvious key points here are:
- Better image quality.
- Photography that is versatile: Different lenses, such as those that are wide-angle, telephoto, and zoom, can produce different forms of photography, making it simpler to take a variety of picture
- Advanced features: Using several lenses can also enable advanced features like the bokeh effect, hybrid zoom, and optical picture stabilization.
- Better video recording.
High-resolution camera systems with numerous lenses give photographers and videographers a better experience, but they also require more money and storage space
5. Long battery life with fast charging technology
What sane smartphone user wants a battery with low capacity? Smartphones need long battery life and fast charging for several reasons:
- Convenience: Long battery life means users can use their phone for extended periods without needing to recharge.
- Power-intensive applications: Smartphones are used for a variety of power-intensive activities such as gaming, video streaming, and GPS navigation, which can quickly drain the battery
- Fast charging: Fast charging allows users to quickly recharge their phones, reducing downtime and allowing for more convenience.
- Increasing screen size and features: As smartphones continue to evolve with larger screens and more features, the need for fast charging and long battery life becomes even more critical to support the increased power consumption.
Long battery life and fast charging are important features for smartphones as they directly impact the user’s experience and productivity. You are like in heaven when you can use your smartphone for almost a whole day without needing to charge it frequently like a deranged psycho.
6. Water and dust resistance
Water and dust resistance in smartphones provide protection against accidental damage such as accidental spills, splashes, or immersion in water, as well as dust and dirt entering the device through its ports and openings. This can also improve the overall durability of the device, making it more resistant to wear and tear, and less likely to require repairs or replacements.
7. In-display fingerprint sensors or Face ID technology
In-display fingerprint and Face ID are biometric authentication methods used to secure and unlock smartphones. The benefits include:
- Improved security: Both in-display fingerprint and Face ID provide enhanced security compared to traditional password or pin-based unlocking methods.
- Convenience and fast unlocking: In-display fingerprint and Face ID allow users to quickly and easily unlock their devices without the need to enter a password or pin.
- Integration with other features: Both in-display fingerprint and Face ID can also be integrated with other features such as mobile payments, secure apps, and password managers.
Having both features in a smartphone is a huge plus because of its user convenience as long as it is snappy and efficient.
8. Large high-resolution displays
Large resolution displays in smartphones provide a high-quality visual experience for users, offering improved image and video clarity, color accuracy, and overall display quality. Here are some key points about large resolution displays in smartphones:
- Improved visual experience: Watching your favorite shows and playing games on a large screen is absolutely splendid.
- Increased screen real estate: Larger displays provide more screen space, making it easier to multitask and use multiple applications at the same time.
- Improved outdoor visibility: Some high-resolution displays use advanced technologies such as HDR and AMOLED, which can improve visibility in bright light conditions and provide deep blacks.
Large resolution displays in smartphones provide an improved visual experience for users, as long as the smart can efficiently support the large screen.
9. Wireless charging and reverse wireless charging capabilities
Wireless charging and reverse charging are features that allow smartphones to be charged without the need for physical cables. A number of benefits include:
- Wireless charging: Allows for convenient and cable-free charging.
- Reverse charging: Reverse charging, also known as “power sharing,” allows the smartphone to be used as a power bank, charging other devices such as headphones, smartwatches, and other smartphones which is so convenient.
- Reduced wear and tear: Wireless charging eliminates the need for physical cables, reducing the risk of cable damage and wear and tear on the charging port.
Wireless charging and reverse charging are convenient features for smartphones that provide a more flexible and cable-free charging experience.
10. More RAM and internal storage options for seamless multitasking and media storage.
More RAM and internal storage in smartphones can provide improved performance, allowing for faster multitasking, larger and more demanding applications, and more storage for photos, videos, and other files. Here are some key points about more RAM and internal storage:
- Improved performance: More RAM allows for more applications to run simultaneously, providing faster switching between apps, and improved multitasking capabilities. More internal storage allows for more applications, photos, and videos to be stored on the device, reducing the need for external storage options and enabling apps to launch faster.
- Improved gaming: More RAM can provide a better gaming experience, with smoother and more fluid graphics, and reduced lag. Most intensive gaming applications will crash if you play them on a smartphone with lackluster RAM.
Overall, more RAM and internal storage in smartphones can provide improved performance, faster multitasking, and a better overall user experience.
Always keep your eyes peeled on our website for details about new smartphone releases with the specs mentioned above. As technology is continuously improving, new smartphone releases excites us as much as you do.